Not Yo’ Mama’s Cornbread
- 2 cup Corn Meal
- 3 cup White Flour
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons diced Jalapeno
- 4 Tablespoons Not Yo Mama’s Pepper Marmalade (Original or Habanero)
- 1-1/2 cup Vitamin D Milk
- 1-1/2 cup graded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
In a large bowl mix flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt together. Mix milk, mayo and jalapeno together, then add to dry ingredients, mix well. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to mixture and mix gently.
Bake in a 9″x13″ baking dish at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to the top of cornbread the last 15 minutes of baking time.
[pinit description="Not Yo' Mama's Cornbread" ]